The Nitrous Oxide plant from NEW KANAK CRYO SALES SERVICE & CONSULTANCY is a safe and economical. NKCS Nitrous Oxide (aka Laughing Gas) plant is manufactured under strict supervision of experienced group of engineers. The Nitrous Oxide plant with an efficient Generation system which reduces power consumption and adds on to safety. A storage battery assembly for separation of Nitrogen is another safety feature with the NKCS plant. The gas manufactured conforms to Indian Pharmacopia, US & European standards and is stored in liquid state which can be directly filled into cylinders.
Nitrous Oxide is produced by heating Ammonium Nitrate to a temperature of 250 Deg.c. Ammonium Nitrate is decomposed in the process to give a mixture of Nitrous Oxide & super heated steam. At the same time impurities are produced including Ammonium Nitrate fumes, Nitrogen & other oxides of Nitrogen. The steam & impurities are removed by scrubbing with water, caustic soda and sulphuric acid in sequence Nitrogen present in traces is removed by bleeding from the top of storage vessels where Nitrous Oxide is stored, after compression by a compressor.
Nitrous Oxide is produced by heating Ammonium Nitrate to a temperature of approximately 250 C. heating could be either electrically or by gas. It is then purified in a series of towers before collecting in a gas holder. This Gas is then compressed by a water lubricated compressor, dried and liquefied. Liquid Nitrous oxide is stored in storage vessels where Nitrogen, if present, is removed. Pure liquid Nitrogen oxide is then filled into cylinders by weight.
Note: Available capacities – 8, 16 & 24 cu.m/hr. (1kg – 0.533cu.m).
SPECIAL FEATURES OF NKCS NITROUS OXIDE PLANT:
• Electrically heated pots with temperature Controllers.
• Purification system for removal of impurities.
• Regeneration facility.
• Laboratory and quality control.
• Equipment safety systems.
• Raw material Ammonium nitrate.
• Electric power – 100 HP (Max.)
• Cooling water system
• Good quality of water
• Sufficiently ventilated plant building
|Specifications||8 M3 / Hr||16 M3/Hr||24 M3/Hr|
|Start-up time||7 Hrs||8 Hrs||8 Hrs|
|Ammonium Nitrate Consumption per M3 of Gas produced (Subject to Quality)||4.0 kgs Max.||4.0 kgs Max.||4.0 kgs Max.|
|Water required for processing||290 ltrs||575 ltrs||850 ltrs|
|Water required for cooling||650 ltrs||725 ltrs||750 ltrs|
• Nitrous oxide gas is mainly used for anaesthetic purposes, it is administered with oxygen.
• Also used as carrier gas in laboratory Instruments.
• As a propellant in aerosols and food stuff.
PROPERTIES OF NITROUS OXIDE:
• Nitrous Oxide is a chemical compound of Nitogen and Oxygen. Its Chemical symbol is N20.
• It is colourless, non flammable and nontoxic gas with a slightly sweetish taste & odour.
The most common way of distributing Nitrous oxide is as a compressed liquid in Cylinders of the same kind, as used for oxygen, Nitrogen etc.
• The pressure in Nitrous oxide cylinders is approximately 50 Bars at 20 deg.c
• It is stable and comparatively un-reactive chemical compound at ordinary temperatures. At elevated temperatures, however, the gas decomposes to Nitrogen & Oxygen.
• It supports combustion and hence organic substances particularly oil and greases which are petrochemical in nature must be kept away from the gas.